ONLINE Spring Workshop: Nourishing Our Growing Fertility
Time & Place
About the event
Just like the birds begin to chirp and seeds begin to sprout at the first touch of the new spring sun - so does new eggs begin to mature in our ovaries each menstrual cycle cycle. This first quarter of the menstrual cycle - the follicular phase - is often forgotten and hidden behind the more dramatic events known as ovulation, the premenstrual phase and menstruation - but it is actually here, in the very beginning, that the health of the whole cycle is being determined. It is the seeds we saw in the spring phase that will determine the harvest later in the cycle - both literally and metaphorically.
In our society, fertility is regarded as something that is only important if we are striving to conceive. However, in holistic care, we know that a woman’s fertility is intrinsically inseparable from her overall health.
In this workshop we will explore this period of time where the eggs are growing - what does it takes to grow healthy eggs and produce healthy amounts of hormones? And why is it important to care for our fertility, even if we are not interested in becoming pregnant?
We will also explore our psycho-emotional-spiritual relationship to the spring phase both inside and outside of ourselves - how can we use the potent energy this phase of the cycle to plant the seeds of our dreams and nurture them, in order to later watch them grow?
Teachings will include:
• Becoming deeply familiar with your body through understanding how fertility and the menstrual cycle works.
• Getting a firm understanding of the root causes behind fertility problems problems like anovulation, irregular cycles, PCOS and PCO.
• Speaking about how hormonal birth control works, and how it affects our menstrual cycle.
• Exploring the potent energy of spring, and how we can use it to plant the seeds of our visions and watch them grow.
• Hands-on practices to bring with you and practice in your daily life, to deepen your relationship to yourself and your body.
• Participatory explorations of our relationship to our bodies and to our fertility.
• Meditations and exercises that helps us get deeper in touch with ourselves, our bodies, and the cycles of nature.
Siri M. Kalla is a certified Fertility Awareness Educator and coach in holistic hormonal health. She has a deep dedication to teaching about how we can live in harmony with our menstrual cycle, and treat our menstrual bodies with nurturing love and respect.
Her interest for the menstrual cycle began in 2009, when she begun to explore her own relationship to her cyclic body through the discovery of natural birth control. Since then she has been dedicated to deepening her understanding about the female body.
Siri is a trained Holistic Reproductive Health Practitioner through Justisse College International in Canada, and a certified Fertility Awareness Educator through Association for Fertility Awareness Practitioners. Her training has given her substantial knowledge in holistic physiology, endocrinology, nutrition and menstrual cycle charting. In her practice she is working to support women in finding back to a loving and nurturing relationship to themselves and their bodies, and her experience is that our relationship to our menstrual cycle plays a key role in our relationship to ourselves. She has founded Our Fertility as a platform for this work - a place to meet, develop skills, build knowledge and find information and inspiration about Fertility Awareness and holistic reproductive health.
In addition to her work with Fertility Awareness, she is a practitioner of nature based spirituality. She has 17 years of experience from a dedicated personal practice, is trained in energetic work, and is co-facilitating ceremonies and retreats for women. In her work she is aiming to over-bridge the gap between spirituality and science; with the firm belief that this is what a new paradigm of health care will be built from. Siri is also active in the permaculture and environmental movement, and experience her work with women’s health as deeply intertwined with her work for a healthier planet.
Learn more about Siri and Fertility Awareness at
This workshop is a part of the workshop series A Seasonal Journey Through the Menstrual Cycle: Workshop Series - and can be taken either by itself, or as a part of the whole series.
The workshop is suitable for anyone who have or has once had a menstrual cycle. There is no requirement for previous knowledge of how the body works - teachings will be given at a level that is suitable for everyone. Everyone who has a menstrual cycle is warmly welcome to attend the workshops - regardless of gender identity.
Due to the current situation, we have chosen to move the workshop online. It will of course be a bit different from an in person workshop - but I have many times become surprised about how potent and intimate spaces can be created online. I am assured that it will turn out a beautiful and nurturing day, also under these circumstances!
To make the day as nurturing and rewarding for yourself as possible, I suggest the following;
• Finding a space where you can be undisturbed and comfortable for the whole day - preferably a separate room. Perhaps even decorating it with some twigs with bursting leaves and lit candles?
• Preparing a pot of your favorite herbal tea or other non-caffein hot beverage, to have with you during the day.
• Preparing some nurturing snacks to have with you - for example dried or fresh fruits and dark chocolate.
• Make preparations to be as undisturbed as possible throughout the day - with no pressing tasks from neither yourself or others. Just as if you would have a day out of the home.
• Have a place made ready where you can lay down close to the computer, for laying down meditation. Make sure you have enough bolsters, mats, blankets and pillows to be fully warm and comfortable.
• Have paper and pen close by - including a piece of paper that you can tear out from the pad/book.
I will send a Zoom link later this week to all registrered participants (there is still space for a few more) - if you do not have Zoom installed on your computer, make sure to do so in good time before Saturday, to make sure everything works as it should: https://zoom.us/
I am looking forward to trying this out together, and am assured that it will become a truly lovely day, also under these circumstances!
The workshop can either be attended separately, or as a part of the workshop series A Seasonal Journey Through the Menstrual Cycle: Workshop Series. There is a very limited amount of spaces at the workshop, so make sure to register in good time.
• Single workshop, reduced online price: 1000 nok
To register for this single workshop, please use the form below.
If you are interested in attending the whole series, please contact me on firstname.lastname@example.org
Warmly welcome to this immersion in the wisdom of our bodies. I am looking much forward to seeing you there and go on this exploratory journey together!
- Workshop, regular1,000 kr1,000 kr00 kr